Welcome back from Presidents Day! Start your Tuesday by joining the 140+ people who have already RSVPd for the Muster DC today.
What is the Muster DC?
A one-afternoon gathering that provides the perfect environment for veterans to share their businesses with local experts, investors and connectors to get feedback and create relationships with the Washington DC business community to scale their businesses and impact the region’s economic growth.
When & Where.
- District Winery
- Thursday, March 8
- 12:00pm – 6:00pm (co-working space onsite available)
- Thanks to all our members who joined our first GovCon Connect Session led by our campus manager Elizabeth Watson and guest speaker, Jennifer Schaus.
- To Rod Rodriguez, host of the AAR podcast for recording a pre-Muster DC feature on Capitol Post and Bunker Labs DC!
Our Workshops/Events at Capitol Post.
- Wed, Feb 21. Capitol Post 1:1’s. Want to learn more about our programs, services, and co-working space? 12:00 – 1:00 PM. Sun Trust Foundation Room, POC: Emily McMahan.
Our Workshops/Events Around the DMV.
- Thu, Mar 1. Bunker Brews at WeWork Veteran Social. Meet and greet for all of the veterans and veteran-owned companies at WeWork locations around DC. Open to all veterans and spouses in DMV. 5:00 – 8:00 PM, WeWork, 80 M Street, Washington, DC, POC: Seda Goff.
- Thu, Mar 8. The Muster DC. 12-6:00 PM (co-working available on site). District Winery, Washington DC. POC: Seda Goff
Workshops/Events from our Partners & Sponsors.
- Wed, Feb 21. Fosterly Census presents, “Report Release Event,” 6:00 – 9:00 PM, Alley by Verizon, Washington DC. RSVP here.
- Wed, Feb 21. Veterans Leadership Council DC Chapter Launch Happy Hour, 6:00 – 8:00 PM, Deloitte (Rosslyn Office), Arlington, VA, POC: Dan Biga.
- Wed, Feb 21. Application deadline for the Vinetta Project’s Venture Challenge. Winner gets $20k in cash. Open to female founders with tech or tech-enabled business (must have 1 female founder). POC: Kelly O’Malley
- Wed, Feb 21 – Thu, Feb 22. Future of Technology Summit, Ronald Reagan Building, Washington, DC. Plug: our very own Seda Goff will be speaking!
- Tue, Feb 27. ORP presents Serena Washington, 7:15 – 9:00 am, Army Navy Country Club, POC: Lee Dougherty.
- Wed, Feb
- Thu, Mar 1 – Fri, Mar 2. Circular Summit powered by Alice. U.S. Institute of Peace, Washington, DC. Alice has been gracious enough to extend scholarships for female veteran attendees. POC: Sandra
- Thu, Mar 1. NDU Foundation presents Eric Chewning’s talk on “The President’s Defense Industrial Base Executive Order and its Effect on our Nation’s Future Warfighting Capabilities,” 7:30 – 9:30 am, Army Navy Country Club (DC), POC: Peter Reiss.
- Thu, Mar 1. Deadline to apply for the Pat Tillman Scholars program.
- Wed, Mar 7. Regulatory Tech Data Summit 2018. Capital Hilton, Washington DC.
- Heading to SXSW? Touch base with our Bunker Labs Austin colleagues who will be hosting some great events for the veteran community throughout. Share your info here to stay in the loop. POC: Sabrina Wojtewicz.
Support our Members.
Rakkasan Tea Company (member of our Spring 2017 cohort) has an excellent offer for tea drinkers and Bunker Labs DC at Capitol Post!
- Place an order using discount code “BUNKERLABSDC” and Rakassan will
- give you 15% off and
- donate another 15% of your entire order cost to Bunker Labs DC so we can help other veteran-owned startups
- Rakkasan Tea Company (RTC) promotes peace and development by selling premium loose-leaf tea grown in post-conflict countries. The veterans at RTC are assisting farmers to reach the U.S. market from places like Nepal, Rwanda, Sri Lanka and, very soon, Vietnam and Laos. At the same time, American tea enthusiasts are gaining access to unique teas not typically found in U.S. stores.
- Since launching in 2017, they’ve been featured by Inc. Magazine, Fresh Cup Magazine, World Tea News, The Military Times, and elsewhere.
Support our Rock Stars.
Quote of the Week.
“A stumble may prevent a fall” – Thomas Fuller (proverb)
Here is how to connect with Capitol Post:
- Join our mailing list: Stay up-to-date on what’s going on at Capitol Post and be the first to hear about future events.
- Become a Friend of Capitol Post ($100/year): Name recognition, 10% off our swag, and a free day pass to our coworking space
- Become a Coworking Member ($300/month*): 24/7 access to our awesome coworking space and conference rooms in N. Old Town, Alexandria, plus our Founders Membership
- Become a Virtual Member ($50/month*): Business address and mailbox, 5 hours of conference room use, and our Founders Membership
- Founders Membership ($250/year. For veterans, DoD, and their families): 1:1 counseling, industry networking events and working groups, business subscriptions