First things first, register for the Muster DC. We’re already at 184 people over a week out and have a cap this year. We don’t want you to be left out, so RSVP today! Snapshot below. . .we’re excited to be announcing our keynotes Monday.
What is the Muster DC?
A one-afternoon gathering that provides the perfect environment for veterans to share their businesses with local experts, investors and connectors to get feedback and create relationships with the Washington DC business community to scale their businesses and impact the region’s economic growth.
When & Where.
- District Winery
- Thursday, March 8
- 12:00pm – 6:00pm (co-working available onsite)
- Founder Forum. Thanks to the members of our Founder Forum led by Seda Goff (Tim Marcinowski – TaskFit; Sonya Dunn – JEMH Enterprises, Bill Abernathy, Mike Grow – Oplign, Kevin Mulligan – Power 7) who met early last Tuesday to share their insights and questions.
- AAR Podcast. To Rod Rodriguez, host of the AAR podcast for recording a pre-Muster DC feature on Capitol Post and Bunker Labs DC. You can listen (and watch) here. Rod will be onsite during the Muster DC interviewing our featured companies.
Our Workshops/Events at Capitol Post.
- Wed, Mar 14. Capitol Post 1:1’s. Want to learn more about our programs, services, and co-working space? 12:00 – 1:00 PM. Sun Trust Foundation Room, POC: Emily McMahan.
Our Workshops/Events Around the DMV.
- Thu, Mar 1. Bunker Brews at WeWork Veteran Social. Meet and greet for all of the veterans and veteran-owned companies at WeWork locations around DC. Open to all veterans and spouses in DMV. 5:00 – 8:00 PM, WeWork, 80 M Street, Washington, DC, POC: Seda Goff.
- Thu, Mar 8. The Muster DC. 12-6:00 PM (co-working available on site). District Winery, Washington DC. POC: Seda Goff
Workshops/Events from our Partners & Sponsors.
- Tomorrow, Thu, Mar 1 – Fri, Mar 2. Circular Summit powered by Alice. U.S. Institute of Peace, Washington, DC. Alice has been gracious enough to extend scholarships for female veteran attendees. POC: Sandra
- Thu, Mar 1. NDU Foundation presents Eric Chewning’s talk on “The President’s Defense Industrial Base Executive Order and its Effect on our Nation’s Future Warfighting Capabilities,” 7:30 – 9:30 am, Army Navy Country Club (DC), POC: Peter Reiss.
- Thu, Mar 1. Deadline to apply for the Pat Tillman Scholars program.
- Wed, Mar 7. Regulatory Tech Data Summit 2018. Capital Hilton, Washington DC.
- Thu, Mar 15. Building Your Govcon From the Ground Up. The Forge at FH+H, McLean, VA. 12:00 – 1:0 pm, POC: Victoria Moses.
- Heading to SXSW? Touch base with our Bunker Labs Austin colleagues who will be hosting some great events for the veteran community throughout. Share your info here to stay in the loop. POC: Sabrina Wojtewicz.
Welcome New Members.
Welcome New Friends of Capitol Post!
- Check out the 2017 Startups Census from the good people at Fosterly.
- Interested in being a part of Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses initiative? Email Kyle McKuhen.
Support our Rock Stars.
Quote of the Week.
“It isn’t what you do, but how you do it.” – John Wooden
Here is how to connect with Capitol Post:
Here is how to connect:
- Become a Coworking Member ($300/month*): 24/7 access to our awesome coworking space and conference rooms in North Old Town Alexandria, plus our Founders Membership
- Become a Virtual Member ($50/month*): Business address and mailbox, 5 hours of conference room use, plus our Founders Membership
- Founders Membership ($250/year. For veterans, DoD, and their families): 1:1 counseling, industry networking events and working groups, business subscriptions. Active duty scholarships available for active duty.
- Become a Friend of Capitol Post ($100/year): Name recognition, 10% off our swag, and a free day pass to our coworking space in North Old Town, Alexandria
- Join our mailing list: Stay up-to-date on what’s going on at Capitol Post and be the first to hear about future events.
Thanks, and see you at the Muster DC next Thursday!
All my best,