Muster DC this Thursday!
- We are excited to announce that The Honorable Chuck Hagel will be our keynote at this Thursday’s Muster DC. SOSi President and CEO Julian Setian will interview Mr. Hagel in a 1:1 fireside chat to kick off the day.
- Sold Out. We’re officially at capacity for registered attendees! If you’re still interested in attending and would like to join the waitlist, please do so here! Thank you to all who registered. It is going to be a great event. . .
What is the Muster DC?
A one-afternoon gathering that provides the perfect environment for veterans to share their businesses with local experts, investors and connectors to get feedback and create relationships with the Washington DC business community to scale their businesses and impact the region’s economic growth.
When & Where.
- District Winery
- Thursday, March 8
- 12:00pm – 6:00pm (co-working available onsite)
- Veterans in Residence Launch Event. Thank you to WeWork for hosting a fantastic Veterans Social last Thursday night at the WeWork 80 M Street. Shout out to Ely Ross, the Director, Mayors Office of Veterans Affairs for DC for his wonderful remarks! A few pictures posted here.
Our Workshops/Events at Capitol Post.
- Wed, Mar 14. Capitol Post 1:1’s. Want to learn more about our programs, services, and co-working space? 12:00 – 1:00 PM. Memorial Bridge Room, POC: Emily McMahan.
- Fri, Mar 16. GovCon Connect Working Group (for Capitol Post members), Wilson Bridge Room, 08:30 – 09:30 am, POC: Elizabeth Watson
- Fri, Mar 16. Capitol Canteen, Capitol Post Main Co-Working Space, 09:30 – 11:00 am, POC: Elizabeth Watson.
- Tue, Mar 20. Founders Forum Session #2. By invite. Wilson Bridge Room, 09:00 – 11:00 am, POC: Seda Goff.
Our Workshops/Events Around the DMV.
- Thu, Mar 8. The Muster DC. 12-6:00 PM (co-working available on site). District Winery, Washington DC. POC: Seda Goff
Workshops/Events from our Partners & Sponsors.
- Wed, Mar 7. Regulatory Tech Data Summit 2018. Capital Hilton, Washington DC.
- Thu, Mar 8. HillVets March Social. 11 D Street SE, Washington DC, 6:00 – 8:00 pm.
- Thu, Mar 15. Building Your Govcon From the Ground Up. The Forge at FH+H, McLean, VA. 12:00 – 1:0 pm, POC: Victoria Moses.
- Thu, Mar 29. Hill Vets 100. U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Washington DC. (Plug: Seda Goff is a nominee this year!)
- Heading to SXSW? Touch base with our Bunker Labs Austin colleagues who will be hosting some great events for the veteran community throughout. Share your info here to stay in the loop. POC: Sabrina Wojtewicz.
In the News.
- Taking the Voice of Entrepreneurs to Capitol Hill, Kauffman Foundation, by Julie Scheidegger, Feb 22nd.
- The 10 Entrepreneurs in WeWork’s First D.C. Veterans in Residence Program, DC Inno, by Sam Sabin, Mar 1st
- WeWork’s veterans-in-residence program expands to DC, Technical.ly, by Stephen Babcock, Mar 2nd
- These DC entrepreneurs are creating space to help other founders grow, Technical.ly, by James Cullum, Feb 27th.
Members in the News.
- Dallas’ Rakkasan Tea Company in Steeped in Politics and War, Central Track, by Obed Manuel, Thu, Mar 1st
- My apologies to Friend of Capitol Post John Woods, who is a Principal at Woods • Peacock Engineering Consultants, Inc. Last week, I listed his company incorrectly. My apologies for the typo!
Support our Veteran Partners.
- Dog Tag Bakery. Fellow Applications are now open. Click here to learn more about their Summer Class – 2018.
- Veterans Curation Program. Seeking applicants for both part-time and full-time archaeological laboratory technicians for upcoming cohort starting in early May 2018.
Quote of the Week.
“Do one thing each day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
Here is how to connect with Capitol Post:
- Become a Coworking Member ($300/month*): 24/7 access to our awesome coworking space and conference rooms in North Old Town Alexandria, plus our Founders Membership
- Become a Virtual Member ($50/month*): Business address and mailbox, 5 hours of conference room use, plus our Founders Membership
- Founders Membership ($250/year. For veterans, DoD, and their families): 1:1 counseling, industry networking events and working groups, business subscriptions. Active duty scholarships available for active duty.
- Become a Friend of Capitol Post ($100/year): Name recognition, 10% off our swag, and a free day pass to our coworking space in North Old Town, Alexandria
- Join our mailing list: Stay up-to-date on what’s going on at Capitol Post and be the first to hear about future events.
Thanks, and see you at the Muster DC this Thursday!
All my best,