That’s A Wrap!
- The Muster DC. Thank you to the 250+ people who joined us for the Muster DC last Thursday at District Winery!
- Thank you to our keynote, The Honorable Chuck Hagel & SOSi President/CEO Julian Setian who interviewed Mr. Hagel in a 1:1 fireside chat which you can see watch here
- Many thanks to our local sponsors, especially SOSi, PenFed, District Winery, and Unanet,
- We continue to add photos to our Bunker Labs DC Facebook page from the event.
- Share your feedback on the event here for 2019!
- Caffeine Canteen. We hope to see you all again this Fri, Mar 16th for some coffee at our Caffeine Canteen starting at 09:30 am at Capitol Post.
Our Workshops/Events at Capitol Post.
- Fri, Mar 16. GovCon Connect Working Group (for Capitol Post members) led by Director of the Virginia Procurement Technical Assistance Center Anna Urman, Wilson Bridge Room, 08:30 – 09:30 am, POC: Elizabeth Watson
- Fri, Mar 16. Caffeine Canteen, Capitol Post Main Co-Working Space, 09:30 – 11:00 am, POC: Elizabeth Watson. Bring your Muster DC badge and we’ll give you a t-shirt! RSVP here.
- Tue, Mar 20. Founders Forum Session #2. By invite. Wilson Bridge Room, 09:00 – 11:00 am, POC: Seda Goff.
Workshops/Events from our Partners & Sponsors – March.
- Thu, Mar 15. Building Your Govcon From the Ground Up. The Forge at FH+H, McLean, VA. 12:00 – 1:00 pm, POC: Victoria Moses.
- Thu, Mar 15. Hacking For Defense Incorporated Congressional Briefing, U.S. Capitol Visitors Center, 4:00 – 7:00 pm, POC: Rose Samuel.
- Thu, Mar 22. Veterans in Business Conference. Army Navy Country Club, Arlington, VA, 7:45 – 3:30 pm, POC: Charles McCaffrey
- Thu, Mar 29. Hill Vets 100. S. Chamber of Commerce, Washington DC. (Plug: Seda Goff is a nominee this year!) Evolving Government: IoT and Mobility – Demo Day
Workshops/Events from our Partners & Sponsors – April.
- Thu, Apr 5. Dcode presents Evolving Government: IoT and Mobility Demo Day, Alley, Washington DC, POC: Meg Vorland.
- Mon, Apr 9 – Fri, Apr 15. Tom Tom Festival,Charlottesville, VA
- Fri, Apr 20 – Sun, Apr 22. Patriot Boot Camp presents #Vethacks, PenFed, Tysons Corner, POC: Josh Carter.
- Apr 30 – May 3. Collision, New Orleans, LA. Are you an early stage startup located in Arlington or Alexandria? Apply here to be featured at Collision.
Congratulations to the newest members of the Mindshare Class of 2018 who are also Capitol Post Founders members! Founded in 1997, MindShare handpicks CEOs every year from the area’s hottest emerging growth companies to come together in a private, intimate setting. Its mission is to help CEOs build long-term, sustainable companies by creating opportunities for growth, building a sense of community, and fostering teamwork in a collegial environment.
The 2018 class kicked off with a special event at the Capital One Arena hosted by Ted Leonsis and the MindShare Board. Thank you to champion Shawn Olds!
- Our local members selected to the class of 63 are:
Support our Members.
Support our Veteran Partners.
- Dog Tag Bakery. Fellow Applications are now open. Click here to learn more about their Summer Class – 2018.
- Veterans Curation Program. Seeking applicants for both part-time and full-time archaeological laboratory technicians for upcoming cohort starting in early May 2018.
- Congrats to Building Momentum CEO Brad Halsey who recently launched Tech Garden in Alexandria. The WBJ featured an article here. Congrats, Brad!
Quote of the Week.
“Diligence is the mother of good luck,” – Benjamin Franklin.
Here is how to connect with Capitol Post:
- Become a Coworking Member ($300/month*): 24/7 access to our awesome coworking space and conference rooms in North Old Town Alexandria, plus our Founders Membership
- Become a Virtual Member ($50/month*): Business address and mailbox, 5 hours of conference room use, plus our Founders Membership
- Founders Membership ($250/year. For veterans, DoD, and their families): 1:1 counseling, industry networking events and working groups, business subscriptions. Active duty scholarships available for active duty.
- Become a Friend of Capitol Post ($100/year): Name recognition, 10% off our swag, and a free day pass to our coworking space in North Old Town, Alexandria
- Join our mailing list: Stay up-to-date on what’s going on at Capitol Post and be the first to hear about future events.
Thanks, and see you at the Caffeine Canteen this Friday morning!
All my best,