So, welcome to the first day of Spring!
But First, Thank You’s!
- AAR Podcast. Who doesn’t love Rod Rodriguez, Host of the AAR Podcast? Thank you to Rod for coming to the Muster DC and interviewing a few featured Founders. You can listen to his podcast here.
- Companies featured:
- GovCon Connect. Thank you to Virginia PTAP Director Anna Urman for saving us from ourselves when it comes to govcon! Anna makes us all feel like “it’s all going to be okay” and provided some fantastic tools and advice concerning topics like approaching KO’s and GSA schedules. Namaste.
- Save the Date: Fri, Apr 20. We’ll have Katie Bilek review teaming and some of her other hacks about how to best grow your business. RSVP
- Caffeine Canteen. Thanks to all who attended last Friday and met our co-workers and fellow veteran business owners. Keep spreading the word, we love seeing new faces, and there were plenty last Friday. We posted a few pics here.
- Carlos Hopkins. Thank you to the Virginia Secretary of Veterans and Defense Affairs Carlos Hopkins for stopping by Friday to learn more about our Capitol Post and making his mark (pun intended) see the picture here.
Our Workshops/Events at Capitol Post.
- Tue, Mar 20. Founders Forum Session #2, invitation only. Show and Tell Day. Wilson Bridge Room, 09:00 – 11:00 am, POC: Seda Goff.
- Mon, Mar 26 – Fri, Mar 30. Free Co-Working Week at Capitol Post.. Working from home is amazing . . .until it’s not! So, cure the cabin fever next week and join us for a week out of the house, on the house. For more information, email Elizabeth Watson and sign up here.
- Wed, Apr 11. Capitol Post 1:1’s. Want to learn more about our programs, services, and co-working space? 12:00 – 1:00 PM. Memorial Bridge Room, POC: Emily McMahan.
Workshops/Events from our Partners & Sponsors – March.
- Thu, Mar 22. Veterans in Business Conference. Army Navy Country Club, Arlington, VA, 7:45 – 3:30 pm, POC: Charles McCaffrey
- Tue, Mar 27. Objective Rally Point, Army Navy Country Club, Arlington, VA, 7:15 – 9:00 am, POC: Lee Dougherty
- Thu, Mar 29. Hill Vets 100. S. Chamber of Commerce, Washington DC. (Plug: Seda Goff is a nominee this year!)
Workshops/Events from our Partners & Sponsors – April.
- Thu, Apr 5. DCode presents Evolving Government: IoT and Mobility Demo Day, Alley, Washington DC, Speakers just announced. POC: Meg Vorland.
- Mon, Apr 9 – Fri, Apr 15. Tom Tom Festival,Charlottesville, VA
- Fri, Apr 20 – Sun, Apr 22. Patriot Boot Camp presents #Vethacks, PenFed, Tysons Corner, POC: Josh Carter.
- Apr 30 – May 3. Collision, New Orleans, LA. Are you an early stage startup located in Arlington or Alexandria? Apply here to be featured at Collision.
- June 15. SaaStr Europa Diversity & Inclusion Program in Paris, France. Thanks to Rachael Stott from Refraction for sharing. Scholarships available for veterans > Director-level. More info here.
Spotlight on a Founder.
- Kevin Mulligan, Co-Founder, Power-7 instrumental in renewable groundwater resource mapping, exploration and development services integrating cutting-edge technology and big data with Earth Science tradecraft.
On Your Refrigerator.
- Congrats to Seda Goff for speaking at the Near East South Asia Center for Strategic Studies (NESA)
Executive Seminar at the National Defense University in Washington, DC, last Tue, Mar 13. A few pictures featured here.
- In the news. MindShare is getting 64 DC CEOs in the same room, Technical.ly, by Stephan Babcock, Wed, Mar 14.
Welcome New Members.
Support Our Members.
Support our Veteran Partners.
- NVTC’s Vetworking Initiative Apr 24, Ritz Carlton, Tysons Corner. RSVP here. POC: Steve Jordan.
- Recently published the Operation Vetrepreneurship: Tracking Aspirations, Barriers, and New Ventures. Access the full report here.
Hack of the Week.
- Thanks to our friends at Streetshares who recently posted a good article about accounting software and hacks without a controller/CFO-type on your team. We get these questions a lot.
Quote of the Week.
“The most meaningful way to succeed is to help others succeed.” Adam Grant
Here is how to connect with Capitol Post:
- Become a Coworking Member ($300/month*): 24/7 access to our awesome coworking space and conference rooms in North Old Town Alexandria, plus our Founders Membership
- Become a Virtual Member ($50/month*): Business address and mailbox, 5 hours of conference room use, plus our Founders Membership
- Founders Membership ($250/year. For veterans, DoD, and their families): 1:1 counseling, industry networking events and working groups, business subscriptions. Active duty scholarships available for active duty.
- Become a Friend of Capitol Post ($100/year): Name recognition, 10% off our swag, and a free day pass to our coworking space in North Old Town, Alexandria
- Join our mailing list: Stay up-to-date on what’s going on at Capitol Post and be the first to hear about future events.
Lastly, Things We Love.
- Jay’s Wintry Mix. This guy is not a meteorologist, but he might as well be since most of DC loves him.
Remember to lift with your knees and not with your back when you shovel! And, if you forget, know that we have a great listing of veteran-owned massage therapists locally.
All my best,