This (Mid) Week at Capitol Post, April 30 – May 4th
First Off, Thank Yous!
- Spring2Action’s Day of Giving last Wednesday raised over $1.7M for 156 local Alexandria non-profits in 2018. A new record!
- Thank you:
- Many thanks to Kevin & Debbie McCarthy for making a $10,000 contribution to Capitol Post.
- Thank you to veteran Laura Hatcher for showcasing her work at Capitol Post this month! We are so honored to have her. . .
- And lastly, thanks to Ovi for game winning goal last night vs. Penguins!
May Bunker Brews. Tomorrow!
- Tomorrow, Thu, May 3rd, drop by our May Bunker Brews Coffee / Breakfast between 08:00 – 10:00 am at Eagle Hill Consulting in Crystal City. We will welcome back the alumni from our cohorts and mingle with our newest members and locals! Drop by between 08:00 – 10:00 AM tomorrow. RSVP here.
Our Workshops/Events at Capitol Post.
- Wed, May 16. Dog Tag Bakery Fellows Session (with Capitol Post Members), 9:00 – 11:30 am.
- Tue, May 22. Founders Forum Session #4. By invite. Wilson Bridge Room, 09:00 – 11:00 am.
- Wed, May 16. Capitol Post 1:1’s. Want to learn more about our programs, services, and co-working space? 12:00 – 1:00 PM. Memorial Bridge Room, POC: Emily McMahan.
- Fri, May 18. GovCon Connect focusing on OTA Agreements, Wilson Bridge Room, 08:30 – 09:30 AM. POC: Elizabeth Watson.
- Fri, May 18. Caffeine Canteen. Co-Working Space, 08:30 – 10:00 am. POC: Elizabeth Watson.
- Wed, May 23. Capitol Post 1:1’s. Want to learn more about our programs, services, and co-working space? 12:00 – 1:00 PM. Memorial Bridge Room, POC: Emily McMahan.
Our Workshops/Events around the DMV.
- Thu, May 3. May Bunker Brews Homecoming. (Welcoming back all program alumni and current Bunker Labs Launch Lab Online members), 08:00 – 10:00 am, Eagle Hill Consulting, Arlington, VA. POC: Leo Cruz. RSVP here.
- Tue, May 15. BMNT Partners & Capitol Post / Bunker Labs DC present Defense Entrepreneurs Forum May Event, 6:00 – 9:00 PM, Level Office Coworking, POC: Tom Nelson.
Our next Startup School Starts Wed, June 27.
Our fifth cohort of Startup School starts on Wed, Jun 27th.
- Our 9-week program where veterans and their spouses can test their ideas, accelerate and build their businesses with expert thought leaders, mentors, and professionals.
- This program culminates with a pitch competition and a cash prize.
- Apply here.
Workshops/Events from our Partners (Local) – May
- Sat, May 5. Goodworld CEO John Gossart invites you to Stone Driver’s New Album Listening Party and Per Scholas Fundraiser, 1776 Crystal City, Arlington, VA, 5:00 – 8:00 pm. POC: John Gossart.
- Tue, May 8. Mason Enterpise Center presents Export Regulations: A Primer on EAR and ITAR, 9:30 – 2:00 pm, Mason Enterprise Center, Fairfax, VA.
- Thu, May 17. FH+H presents Corporate Compliance (OCI and FCPA), 12:00 – 1:00 PM, The Forge, POC: Victoria Moses.
- Thu, May 17. Tedx Tysons Salon presents New Target, 5:00 – 8:00 pm, Vinson Hall, McLean, VA.
- Thu, May 17. American Resource Partners & U. of Phoenix present Veterans Resource Center Ribbon Cutting, 5:00 – 8:00 PM, U. of Phoenix Arlington Learning Center, Arlington, VA.
- Sat, May 19. Vetoga presents Beer + Yoga (fundraiser includes 60 minutes yoga class + 1 beer), 11:00 – 3:00 pm, Port City Brewing, Alexandria, VA. POC: Justin Blazejewski
- Mon, May 21. 3M Diverse Supplier Networking Event, DC Innovation Center, 8:30 – 1:00 pm, POC: John Sebastian.
- May 21 – May 25. FH+H presents Free Coworking Week for Lawyers, Chisel, Tysons, Va, POC: Victoria Moses.
Workshops/Events from our Partners (Around US) – May
- Wed, May 16. Bunker Labs Tennessee presents The Muster, Nashville, TN.
- Thu, May 17. Bunker Labs Chicago presents The Muster (featuring keynote Gen. Peter Pace, USMC (Ret.)), 11:30 am, Google – West Loop, Chicago, IL, RSVP here.
- Patriot Boot Camp is now accepting applications for their Technology Entrepreneurship Boot Camp from Thu, Sep 28 – Sun, Sep 30th in Denver, CO. Apply here.
Companies in the News.
- Rakassan Tea Company (now in Texas!)These Dallas-based combat veterans want to change the way Americans look at tea culture, Dallas News
- This Mon, May 7th, WUSA-9 will air its feature on True Made Foods and Halcyon Reflections during Great Day Washington!
Spotlight on a Local Founder.
- Anda Greeney (Air Force Veteran), Founder of Al-Mokha Coffee. Al-Mokha is a veteran-owned coffee company specializing in coffee from Yemen. Check out and shop his coffees
- Greeney is part of the current WeWork Veterans in Residence powered by Bunker Labs
Great Local Resources, Programs, News and Notes.
- Prevailion and Inertial Sense Named Winners of the DataTribe Challenge. Congrats to winners of Datatribe’s inaugural challenge earning up to $2M in seed funding. #Armyrepresenting!
- Boulder Crest Retreat Founder & Chairman Ken Falke’s new book is out Struggle Well on Amazon this week!
- Project 500
Quote of the Week.
“Uncertainty is the prerequisite to gaining knowledge and frequently the result as well” – Edith Hamilton.
Thanks for reading and see you at the Bunker Brews Coffee tomorrow!